Saturday, July 11, 2009

At this stage of the game, I am 51 years old ("half of a hundred", as I so fondly call it), of average health, and relatively happy. And let me tell you, relatively happy was not easy to come by. There was a long, sometimes painful journey to this, and the scary part is that it almosts feels like the end! What a freaking shock! I know that in most likelihood, it not nearly over; but the fact that it could be is nothing to be cavalier about. You see, my ex-husband, and father of our now-adult 3 daughters died at age 50! I'm pretty sure that after all he strived for in his life, dieing at 50 was not a part of his plan. I think my point is that life truly is a mystery. No one could have ever told me that I would end up a bona-fide, card-carrying, self-proclaimed alcoholic! Not just a run of the mill alcoholic, but a 40-something, crack-smoking, cocaine and heroin shooting, homeless crazy woman! That was never a part of my plan! I've often been told that I am crazy, but I never pictured that kind of crazy! Ironically, I've often found that "crazy" helps to make it through sometimes.

Plans are good to have, so they say. Sometimes they fall apart, though. For me, the bottom line is that sometimes we are not prepared for what life has in store for us, so a Plan B might be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment